Thursday, May 27, 2010

In the sensory tub right now...

My kids looove their sensory table! I am always trying to come up with new ideas on what to put in it. To keep interest levels up I tend to change the materials every week, or two weeks if its something really popular.

This week we did puzzle pieces. I had some old puzzles that I was saving for crafts but I thought it would work well in the sensory table as well.

It has been a hit so far. The last material we had in here was lentils, the puzzles pieces are much easier to tidy up compared to that : )



I would love to hear what other Mama's are using in their sensory tables!



7 comments:

  1. what a great idea!
    I will be linking. If you don't want to be featured please let me know.
    Thanks.
    Jo
    http://themontessorigoldmine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow puzzles, neat idea. Did any of the pieces get ruined? I found your blog via 1+1+1=1. I also have a linky list of Sensory Tub Ideas, it would be lovely to see your kideas added - http://ourworldwideclassroom.blogspot.com/2010/02/sensory-tubs-ideas-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. jojo - I would love to be featured on your blog again!


    Kylie - I just entered this post into your linky, and I will be checking out all the other ideas there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the puzzle piece idea! gives me some incentive to clean out our puzzle box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cool idea! i will definately use this! a big hit in my classroom is dry instant mashed potatoes:]

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=PlayTimeisEssential#p/u/6/O8f8LfzFVTU

    Hi,
    Here is a video with my kids and some sensory table ideas. I love your puzzle piece idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what your thoughts are...leave a comment! :)