Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tot School – This & That

This is my first tot school post in few weeks! I have been so busy with the move and the new house that I haven’t been able to take many pictures or spend much time online. Things have begun to calm down around here so I am hoping to go ahead with my plans of a more structured tot school for Lucas.  Next week we are going to begin with introducing a letter a week as well as either a number, color or shape.  I have 3 weeks worth of tot school already planned so hopefully Lucas feels like learning : )

Until then here is a post about something's we’ve been up to over the past few weeks!

Lucas loves his stacking cups! We build towers (and knock them down of course!), and we sort them by color, we ‘nest’ them back together and Lucas’ new favorite thing to do with his cups is to put his marbles inside them and pour them from one cup to another.

 

I made this tot book for Lucas, he is really into Elmo right now so this has been a big favorite around here! You can read more about this here.

 

Lucas has been really into pretend play lately, in this picture he is setting the dolls up at the table to have “nack”

 

We have done some spooning with marbles which was a HUGE HIT!  

 

Here Lucas is trying to put shoes onto baby Sophia (this was Dominic’s doll from when he was a baby!)

and here he is helping the baby do a somersault!

 

IMG_3365 Lucas was happy to have his peg board unpacked, even big brother wanted to play!

 

We had lots of fun playing in mud puddles!

 

We did a STart project last week which you can read about here.

 

Lucas loves to help daddy and big brother pick raspberries in the backyard!

 

and the most recent thing we did was……… a haircut!

Doesn’t he look like such a big boy now?

I keep asking him to stop growing, but he just doesn’t seem to wanna listen ; )

7 comments:

  1. Hi! I found you through the Work Plan. I am so happy to have found you! Your youngest and my little girl are probably about the same age. I downloaded the Elmo Tot Book and hope to make it this week. I hope to blog about it too. THANKS so much! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Where did you get the print outs to make the Elmo lapbook?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just downloaded your Elmo tot Pack! It is great! I made a Dora tot pack and know that they take a ton of work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed that you got that much done after having just moved! What a cute family you have!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your move went ok! I am looking forward too reading more of your totschool posts! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful family you have! It's amazing how they are always learning, isn't it? I know that just when i think I have something to teach I wind up being taught by them!
    They grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEAH! I made the Sesame Street Tot Book!

    http://ellebellesbows.blogspot.com/2010/07/sesame-street-tot-book.html

    Thanks so much! My daughter LOVES it!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what your thoughts are...leave a comment! :)