Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Made by Mama - Tot Toy


A few nights ago I spent some time over on the Tot School Website looking at the Tot Trays page trying to find some new ideas to do with Lucas. Soo many great ideas I can't wait to try them all!!


The first one we tried is a variation on the spaghetti / spice jar idea.
Great minds think alike! it seems Susan over at Chasing Marcus done a similar activity with her tot!


I used an old gerber puffs container and drilled 6 holes in the top for Lucas to but pipe cleaners through. I thought the pipe cleaners (or chenille steams if your fancy!) would be easier for him to manipulate into the holes but he actually got quite frustrated with the whole thing because the pipe cleaners kept bending.

So I've decided to change the activity up again and switch out the pipe cleaners for wood dowels which I am going to cut and paint tonight. He really enjoys doing activities like this so hopefully this will make it easier and a little less stressful for him!

Ill post an update after everything is made and I reintroduce the activity to him.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog from Homeschool Creations. You have some great ideas here.

    I will be back to read more!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what your thoughts are...leave a comment! :)