Friday, March 4, 2011

finger paint gone wrong


I made a batch of finger paint this morning from the recipe I found in the book First Art by Maryann Kohl, I followed the recipe/directions but it did not turn out quite right - I think maybe I over cooked it....

IMG_7525

It looked great but when we tried to use it, it was too thick and jelly like to paint with.

IMG_7532

Luckily Lucas like the jelly glops of  gloop…

IMG_7543

and our painting activity turned into a sensory activity…

IMG_7559

We played in this squishy mess for a good part of our morning

IMG_7575

I hope to recreate this mess again soon ‘cause this little man had a blast!

4 comments:

  1. I love that you made the best out of it!! Looks fun to me! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! Its so colorful too! I've never tried making my own finger paint- we'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to go ahead with it, letting him play with the goop! We haven't done anything "messy" in a while, we may be due.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I hate it when a recipe goes wrong! But it looks like he had fun anyway! What a great sensory experience!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what your thoughts are...leave a comment! :)