Sunday, January 30, 2011

totschool – 26 months

Lucas is 26 Months

This week our focus was dinosaurs. We will be continuing on with this next week as well.

IMG_6115

IMG_6124 
Stamping dinosaur footprints with brown paint/mud

IMG_6134

After Lucas was finished he washed his dinosaurs in some warm soapy water

IMG_6139

he really enjoys playing with water so this occupied him for quite some time, I cant wait for warmer weather so he can play in the water table whenever he wants!

IMG_6142

IMG_6156
I gave Lucas our craft toothbrush to scrub the dino’s


IMG_6221 
Lucas glued black beans and split peas to a triceratops

IMG_6248

and played with his tiny dinosaurs in the rice and lentil sensory tub.


IMG_6276

Lucas also helped me make play dough this week

IMG_6323 
and we used it for our stART activity!

IMG_6343 
I made this file folder game for Lucas, I found the printable for it here.

IMG_6523

Lucas showed me how well he knows his alphabet when we did this activity!

I printed this page from the making learning fun website. After Lucas told me the letter I would give him a sticker for him to match to the letter on the page.  

IMG_6530

He knew the names of most of the letters… and he knew the phonetic sound to almost all of the letters! ( he loves to play on starfall and has learned a lot from that site)


IMG_6350

Lucas really enjoys helping, so each day I have him do some do some chores around the house!

IMG_6352

I use a mix of vinegar and water to do most of my light cleaning, so it is perfectly safe for Lucas to help… and he LOVES to use the spray bottle!

IMG_6356

Lucas also loves to vacuum!
IMG_6505 
here he is vacuuming up some dried up play dough from earlier in the day.


IMG_6622

Lucas has been really into puzzles lately, he loves his melissa and doug shape puzzle.

IMG_6629

He also really likes this puzzle, especially when his big brother helps him sort it out!

IMG_6633

It also makes for a great stage when your done! ; )


3 comments:

  1. Fun! Love the dino stamping!! John LOVES dinosaurs (and can name tons of them!!) so he would love doing that activity. He also loves playing with water so washing the toys after is a great idea. Will definitely do this during our 'D' week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab dinasaur stuff-will be copying some of these x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful week!

    How fun to paint with your dinosaurs!

    Love that Lucas is using the spray bottle too! Big guy!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what your thoughts are...leave a comment! :)